Mentioned in today’s episode:
• iVideoHero – it’s a perfect example of a gap in a market that is well served with this tutorial product
• 37 Signals – they’re another great example of a company whose products stem from solving problems they faced
• Evernote – a wonderful tool that many of us couldn’t live without, now that we’ve got it
• GoatMilkStuff – not mentioned, but another fine example of a small business that grew out of a frustration/desire. This is directly from their website: “PJ’s adventures into soapmaking originated five years ago out of her desire to not use chemicals on the children’s skin.”
• My resources page has links to a variety of useful items…from premium WordPress themes, to membership site plugins, to sources for pro audio gear. Many of these companies likely began because the owners were frustrated. Maybe they saw no solution. Maybe they didn’t see suitable solutions.